Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hi from Ric and Denise

Wow, finally a half day off! Ric has kept us out there seeing it all just as he promised but today we had to do laundry, had to just stop and take a breath. The trip has been fantastic and hopefully you've been watching Cameron's postings. We've covered so much history that I cannot take it all in and so I've just started concentrating on all of the beautiful wildflowers we are seeing! I must say the highlight of the trip might have been watching Cameron sprint the length of the Olympic stadium on his 11th birthday but seeing all the sights of Paris and all of the history of Greece has given me a lot to ponder. It's amazing to have this opportunity to see this part of the world and even more amazing to share it with Cameron. If I'd had this historical background when I was young I think I might have been able to make more sense of everything....although I think historically we've had enough war for one planet (thus perhaps my fascination with the wildflowers!). We hope you are all well and think of you all often! Look for future postings! Love you Denise (and Ric....he's working on our next phase of the trip, the Greek islands!!)

2 comments:

rise up said...

It has been fun to see all of your pictures, and hear about the fun adventures. I am almost done with classes, my last final will be Tues. the 28th! Then Kaitlin and I are planning to head out to the lake for Wed. and Thurs.
We went out already and surveyed the damage, and pulled up the trailers. Everything looked fine, even the jetti. The neighbors new house is pretty big. Not much else to report from that area.
Continue to post the fun pictures, and tell everyone I say hello.

Larry said...

Hey gang, looks like a good time! Good pics of your wanderings, where's Ric?
Are you going to Turkey?
When are we gonna Skype?
Let us know when you get back!