Sunday, February 18, 2007

What I did for Tibetan New Year

Hi again! Yesterday I went to Swayambu again for Losar. I got dressed up in a kind of traditional Tibetan Jacket called a Chuba you can see it in the photo. We went around and prayed to all of the Tibetan Buddhas and got a blessing from a Rinpoche that is a reincarnated lama. Then we went back to Chunta's house and I slept a lot because I was really tired. I ate some T momo a type of Tibetan bread. Then I went with my mom to help pick out jewelry with one of the jewelers we work with. Then we went to our friend Namgyal's house where we had Tandoori chicken, rice and more tea. Now I can also say "yo kati ho" which means how much is this. I can say ek dom rhamro cha which means very good, also I can say tato chia which means hot tea. I am having a very good time and meeting lots of nice people! This morning Iwent to our friend Norbu's restaurant and had a bagel with yak cheese for breakfast. Then I bought a surangeh for 300 Rs, This is a type of Nepali violin that I am trying to learn to play. OK, now we are off to work! I hope everyone at school is having fun! I am!

No comments: