Monday, February 19, 2007

Going TO Boudanath Stupa

Hi! Today we went to Boudhanath Stupa which looks like Swayambu but it is not. It's the third day of Losar. It was really cool but it was crowded. Before I was there I saw Norbu and Keldon and their kids and they gave me a Tibetan shirt and Tibetan Jacket. They are really cool. It's really hot here today. We went up on Boudhanath Stupa today and we saw many people give offerings. Then we went to the Drepung Loseling Monastary for lunch. They gave us all food and coke! Then me and my friend Sonam watched them play some cards. The monks only get to do that at New years time. I haven't had to wear a seat belt the whole time I have been here and I got to ride in the very back of the car too! There are a lot of traffic jams and sometimes you only move like five feet every twenty minutes. That's all! Take care and hope you have a fun time. Cameron

1 comment:

Tim Corcoran said...

Hi Cameron, this is Tim from Twin Eagles! It sounds like you are having an amazing time out in Nepal - you are very fortunate indeed.

We had a grand time at the Winter Wilderness Olympics - we'll tell you all about it when you get back, but for now I'll just say that when the day was over, two bald eagles flew right over the grouse creek just 100 feet from where out entire circle of 70 people were gathered!

Listen. I would love to know how the people out there connect with the Earth. Have you heard stories yet about Tracking, Wild Edible Plants, Primitive Survival Skills or any of the other things we teach at Twin Eagles? If so, let me know. If not, perhaps you might consider asking some people, particularly the elders, about these things and what stories they have about these things - I really would love to know...

Lots of Love,

Tim (& Jeannine & River too!)