Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hi from Ric and Denise


Well, we are off tomorrow to Istanbul and our last few days in Turkey. This has been an incredible, if not too brief, tour of a really fantastic and friendly country. In retrospect I realize I had no idea of the history, diversity and size of this country. It has been a great eye opener. From the ancient cities of Ephesus, Priene, Didyama and Therimesos to the beautiful sea of Kokova, to the wonderland of inland Turkey and Capadoccia we have had many experiences we'll never forget. Cameron has made friends everywhere we've gone, they all want him to come back and everyone loves his hair and eyes! I discovered true lovliness last night as I was finally correctly dressed in a headscarf. I'm including a picture of me with my scarfdresser Esalee! She invited us into her house for her homemade raisons and raison syrup!! So, we look forward to the adventures of Istanbul and then we will be off to Italy (we've had enough of Nescafe for a while!). Love to all, Denise, Ric and Cameron

2 comments:

rise up said...

Good to hear of all the fun you are having. Last weekend we went out to the lake, the water level was 7 ft high, so no beach, but everything looked fine. Hopefully the jetti will survive.

matthew said...

Hi Cameron,

I wish I had known that you were doing this blog again, and I could have followed your travels more closely. It must be such an experience to travel back in time and imagine how it was back then. And to experience how this history has shaped the world. The pictures are beautiful, Exotic and full of the history we have been studying for the past 3 years. I can hardly wait for you to be back and see more pictures. I was wondering if you went to the oracle of Delphi? And how was it sailing around the mediterranean and think of the Odyssey. Was it easy to imagine the travels of Odysseus? I love your mom's headscarf, but I agree that she looks better without it. Her spirit can't be contained into a headscarf, if you ask me. Enjoy your rest of the trip, love it for all of us, and take lots of pictures so we can have a flavor of it also. Love from all of us, Saskia